View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Hey guys,

I wanted to post this link to the Urba Centurion so you can see a nearly completed one on the road via youtube links on the site = Urba Centurion 128 mpg Diesel Powered Car.

This vehicle was one of my inspirations for the Tigon build as noted in an earlier post. There is estimated to be only 3 of these in the world. This is to bad really because this vehicle would be a pretty straight forward build and inexpensive if you were just sticking to a straight diesel and no added hybrid components like in the Tigon. The parts for a spitfire and GT6 are relatively inexpensive when compared to more modern vehicles. The parts are still made so very easy to get a hold of and they also offer many performance part upgrades for weight reduction.

The Tigon shares the same chassis as the Urba Centurion. Many of the parts on the Spitfires are interchangeable with the GT6. The main difference with the GT6 is the larger brakes and shocks to handle the straight 6 engine in the GT6 cars. This was one of my reasons for getting the GT6 vs the Spitfire. I liked the idea of larger brakes and front shocks with the GT6. This will help with the added weight up front for the hybrid components.

With 3 wheeled reverse trikes you want to shoot for roughly 70/30 or 75/25 front to rear weight distribution if you can. This helps the trike with stability in hard driving situations and lessens the chance for rollover.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	centurion_hyundai_comparison#1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	12625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Urba Centurion#1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	12626