View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
SwamiSalami
Easter McoModder

'99 Subaru OLL 2.5L - '99 Subaru Outback Legacy Limited
90 day: 22.57 mpg (US)

Rabbit - '08 VW Rabbit S
90 day: 32.93 mpg (US)
...I forgot to mention how excited I am that today is the first warm day up here in the north! I'm hoping my mpgs go up with the temperature accordingly! I haven't had the focus to keep good track of my mileage over the last few months since moving to alaska and getting this new subaru. it's a far cry from the days of the diesel beetle, as I'm only averaging about 23mpg in the frigid arctic winter. I cleaned out my two car garage the day before last and picked up stuff to change the car's oil. I'm excited,because I haven't ever owned my own ramps. they should be here sometime int he coming weeks. that's when i'll perform the oil change. very excited got some partially "recycled" variety, too. I'll take pictures when It happens. I've always really liked subarus and been genuinely jealous of those that drove them, so I'm particularly happy about driving one today, even if it is from 1999. Hell, I loved the year 1999. I was 14, for christ's sake. it's a beautiful car. i feel as though a tremendous amount of these era cars are coming back, because of the generations that are beginning to collect or simply own cars for the first time as adults experienced them first as young children.