View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pierrel
EcoModding Lurker

Abarth - '10 Fiat 500 Abarth
90 day: 33.4 mpg (US)

Yaris - '03 Toytota Yaris
90 day: 42.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjinman View Post
Good job, Pierrel!!

I see you MPG really improved on your last tank, too. I wonder how much of that is your grille block vs. P & G?

I can tell you I've had about a 95% grille block on my car for awhile now, and NO hint of overheating. 205 deg. F is the highest I've seen, and this includes climbing some steep mountains in fairly warm weather (for winter), but around here, WAY above freezing - like maybe 50 deg F. I always keep one eyeball glued to the ScanGauge when climbing a hill just in case it overheats, but not even close.

Now, there is a big opening on my car between the bottom lip of the bumper cover and the panel the radiator is in, so the fan can pull air through from that area. When I do my belly pan, that will be sealed-up, so I'll have to take other steps. But right now, I'm seeing no overheating issues. So you should be fine.
To be honest, it think much of it was the P&G EOC that had the most effect. I've been trying to incorporate more eco driving on my way to work. My goal is to get above 47mpg, but I'm aiming at 50+

So far, no issues here either. Although an SG or similar would be better than the temp gauge to monitor temps...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pierrel For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-09-2013)