View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Which electric car is the battery pack going to fit? or is there going to be a selection of battery packs, so you just have to make sure that it's up to date and has a pack that fits your vehicle?
Better Place had the same idea and after pumping lots of money in and having a system that worked with one make and model of car, I hear they are going under, or have gone under.

My electric car has plenty of range to make it to the air port shuttle and plenty of range to get me to the bus stop that takes me to the train station, I use it as my main vehicle most of the year, my parents electric car only has a 20 mile range and their electric car is also their main vehicle.

Plugging my car in takes just a few seconds and I wake up with it fully charged, I leave work with it fully charged, what takes a lot of time is when I use my gas car (collector plates, can't drive my electric car in the winter) and I have to stop at the gas station, I end up spending 10 minutes or more at the gas station just waiting! not like the 25 seconds it takes to walk around my electric car and plug it in, I read a while back that the average person spends 11 hours per year at the gas station and average EV owner spend less then 2 hours per year plugging and unplugging their EV.

Last edited by Ryland; 03-09-2013 at 04:20 PM..