View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #558 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Well it could do if you measure energy in vs energy out. That way if someone chooses to only use renewables and the wind doesn't blow and sun doesn't shine they get cut off. Meanwhile those of us happy with coal keep warm, watch TV, and post on internet forums
Until the coal miners go on strike, or the Chinese pay more for the coal than the British can, or... And you were minding what I said about storage, weren't you? Wouldn't be all that difficult, technically, to supply each house with sufficient storage for a day or two - plus what's in the plug-in hybrid's batteries.

Quote:
Depends where you are. The UK is a small place (about the same size as Japan). Go and poke your nose in the highlands of Scotland and you would struggle to find finer air anywhere on the planet - and if you do I would be happy to be your Scottish host
Been there, and had thought to mention that places like Skye do have pretty decent air. But you do realize that it's not really British air yet? It's Atlantic air, a new immigrant making its first appearance on your shores. By the time it gets down to the Lowlands, let alone the Midlands, it's learned more about British ways :-)

Quote:
Take your nose to London and it is a different story.
Though I will allow that if you follow the Ridgeway a ways to the southwest (and don't look off to the north), it's not all that bad with a good wind blowing.