Thread: The 13mpg beast
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
And saving fuel CAN be fun. Just remember that you don't NEED to be in a hurry all the time. Then just adjust how you use the accelerator and brake. If I can get better than 20 from my brick, and DPoV can break 25 with his, we ought to be able to get a couple MPG better from yours, though the V8 will make it a little tougher.

I added some air for less rolling resistance. How much is up to you. When mine got too rough to drive comfortably I backed down some. If you aren't already using synthetic lubricants, now is a good time to switch. Might not help much, but they are better for the equipment.

Change the Tcase and adjust the speedo. I'd imagine you might be geting a little better mileage than you hink. Superlift I think makes a nice adjuster that isn't too expensive. Friend of mine with a TJ and 6" lift and 35s brought his speedo back to accuarate. Well, not certified accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Welcome to the fun.

Nice looking ZJ, I'm with rog, swap to a 242 or a 231 for MPG gains and having a "real" t-case :P Is that 13 mpg speedo corrected for the tires?