View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #567 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
"Science" and "debate" are fundamentally linked, if you think they aren't then I suggest you don't understand either, including your name on papers - At the start of modern science those in the know understood this, for example the exchanges between Isaac Newton and Hooke - where the famous quote
Quote:
What Des-Cartes did was a good step. You have added much several ways, & especially in taking the colours of thin plates into philosophical consideration. If I have seen further it is by standing on the sholders of Giants
came from.
Please point out where there is any debate in that. Is there any appeal to emotion, prejudice, or wishful thinking? Any attempt to convince the listener by knowing falsification of data? I think you are confusing debate with reasoned discussion.

Quote:
If "science" is totally certain of it's findings it should place ALL of it's evidence and conclusions into the open, it should have no fear of challenge and no fear of doubt...
And so it has.

Quote:
If you are going to influence politicians to move our modern economy back to the 1600s I demand total
proof
, otherwise bog off.
See, there you go with the debate again: a totally off-the-wall appeal to emotion.