View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Teemo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
Interesting...
What I mean is nothing is perfect, there could be oxygen in the air you are pulling from the end of the vehicle's exhaust pipe.
Right now I'm assuming that it does not draw in oxygen through the exhaust pipe, exept when starting. Logic is that EGR must be shut down for starting, because otherwise it leans out the starting mixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
I hate to put a downer on your idea, but with the pressure on companies to improve fuel efficiency and the fact that EGR systems are already in use, you would think any potential efficiency gains through EGR would have been thoroughly explored by now, no?
Definetly there are some dawbacks for this approach, I'm hoping i can live with those, and benefits are larger, compared to. I am sure this is the field that is thoroughly explored, but unfortunately by the people who are unwilling to share their test results. So to all others this remains unknown.
There may be some kind of compromise:efficiency vs. short maintenance interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
The one thing you may/may not have going for you is the use of post catalytic converter and cooled exhaust gasses. Most EGR systems operate by taking exhaust before the converter where it is still full of pollutants and is very hot. Your tailpipe extraction, plumbing it all the way back to the front of the vehicle, will mean it is "clean" and much cooler than traditional applications.
This is exaxtly what I am talking about: I like that EGR gasses are cleaner and cooler,