View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
karmaxul
EcoModding Lurker

Nervs, The speedometer is pretty close according to the speedometer app on my phone. I imagine I could get much better fuel economy with it if I drove differently. I put 120,000 miles on one of my cars in a year and a half once when I lived in northern vt and drove down to new york city often. Regarding the larger tires I see what you are saying. If it was all highway I imagine it would be a great difference with fuel economy.

Car wagon, I here what you are saying though the Acme kit alone with all the extras is around 4000 and it is a new build. The bumpers, side rails and other mods with out the engine and body or work involved really burns a hole in the wallet fast. I have the reserve set at 7200 which is a big lose for me. The buy it now is what it cost to build. I was thinking if some one was to build one they could buy mine which is in great shape, save them selves thousand and a good chunk of time. I had been offered 8000 for it a few months back which I turned down and a trade for a 2006 loaded Titan worth 14000. I could not see getting 12 miles to the gallon in a large gas truck.

Razor, I buy my vehicles to save money on fuel. I just bought a used new beetle as I can get 45 to 50 miles per gallon with the same engine the tracker has in this body.