View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #178 (permalink)
40-60-40 MPH P&G
echo-francis's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: laval, QC
Posts: 277

Echo-P&G - '05 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
90 day: 82.76 mpg (US)
Thanks: 45
Thanked 113 Times in 58 Posts
430km seems low for a toyota echo. maybe your car is not in good shape. do the regular maintenance and mabe you will have better results. if thats not the problem maybe its you or your commute: a short commute will kill the fuel economy (look at my fuel log).if i would want to make 430km on a tank i would have to drive really fast(minimun 20 over de limit) accelerate and brake really hard in town. but i dont think you do that but if its the case, the problem is there.

i was able to do more than 1000km because i was ready to make a normaly 10hour trip in 14hour .all the mods i have are there because i am crazy and i allways want more and more... i think my mods count for about 25-30% of my amelioration thats means that the other 75-70% is from my driving style

i recomend you to read this
65+ Vehicle modifications for better fuel economy -

and this
100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg -

and explore the forum because there is so many helpfull information
Best Tank (1557.2 Km): 2.57 LHK (91.63 MPG (US) )
Best Highway Trip (~36.8 Km): 2.16 LHK (109 MPG (US) )
Best Commute Trip avg (73.8 Km ): 2.33 LHK (101 MPG (US) )
Echo-Troll Modding Thread

I know i dont have a very good write-up
no lean-burn? no good gear ratio? p&g is the answer
  Reply With Quote