View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
mozul
EcoModding Lurker

Spitfire - '68 Triumph Spitfire Mk II
90 day: 26.18 mpg (US)

CivicHybrid - '04 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 37.1 mpg (US)
Spitfire owner says hello

Hello,
I have been lurking here for a while and have finally made some modifications to my car. I commute with two cars, a 1968 Triumph Spitfire when it is not raining (most of the time) and a 2002 Jeep Liberty when it is.

So far I have added an Engine Off/Start switch to the Spitfire and have fixed a fuel leak I had. I have a vacuum gauge in it but the readings seem quite low. I think I need to move the point at which the gauge senses the vacuum.

It is a carb engine so I can't use a ScanGauge or Ultragauge, but I am acquiring the components to build an MGDuino for it. I have the Arduino board, and a fuel flow sensor from a boat (actually 2) next I need a speed sensor and an LCD panel.

I have started doing some of the hypermiling techniques too. I am still on my first tank since starting all this stuff, so I don't know how well I am doing. I have had the car since I was 14, and I am 48 now. The best MPG I regularly got from it was about 24 MPG, so anything better than that and I know I am doing well.

Best Regards,

Kirk