View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Due to the 3 wheel configuration the rear centered wheel would need to be wrapped and ground effects would have to be utilized. I am pretty sure the Aptera has a wrapped rear wheel but not absolutely sure on that.

This is my initial thought on how to deal with the centered rear wheel. As far as the teardrop sloping from front to back I will shape it much like the profile you see in the Fiat Turbina and CD-Panhard LM64. Only difference is I will only have 3 wheels vs 4. I will also not have the side wings or fins.

All of the sites I checked out except the one I provided a link for stated a 0.13 so maybe you are correct in that it is the accepted cd. Either way its still very impressive so again thanks for sharing. looking at the CD-Panhard really gives me hope for gain now. It is more similar in specs to the Tigon than that of the Turbina, even down to the weight. looking at it actually confirmed in my mind that I am not completely crazy LOL hahaha. What I am proposing is not all that far fetched as one might first conclude. It is not going to be a piece of cake from any stretch of the imagination, but if I take my time and stay disciplined I think I have a real shot at accomplishing my goals.

Talk to you later Niel,

GreenHornet