View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

What have I been working on the past few days?

Mainly been cleaning up the front suspension pieces I will be keeping. The spindle, top & bottom wishbones, and anti roll bar (ARB) will be retained from the original GT6. Today I should be able to get some rust proofing primer on them. All of these parts will need new bushings and while I am at it I will most likely source all new bolts and nuts. The ARB itself was in good shape but everything else was shot so I will need a new overhaul kit for it. The overhaul kit is priced at $59.33 USD excluding shipping costs. This kit includes the end links, poly bushings, and all brackets nuts & bolts.

The shocks I am using are Spax while not the best in some peoples opinion they will more than get the job done and are ride and height adjustable. They have 28 stages of vehicle stiffness adjustment and are filled with krypton gas. Other options include GAZ and KONI shocks. GAZ being just a little less cost and KONI being the most expensive of the three.

These will be getting ordered up here real soon along with the rest of the front end parts. The majority of the stuff I am purchasing from outside the country mainly from Canley Classics and Rimmerbros so I will purchase them in bulk buys to save on shipping fees.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT6  Front ARB Diagram.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	12680   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT6 Front Shock and Lower Wishbone Diagram GRID008049.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	12681   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT6 ARB Overhaul Kit RH5064POLY.jpg
Views:	42