View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Ghetto cheap 3 cyl Sprint in Vancouver BC

I have been working on my addiction of buying cheap eco cars. And today, somehow, I managed to not buy an original paint, moss covered, 1990 Sprint 2 door, 1.0L, 5 speed with 243k KMs (150k miles). Its not rusty except in the front fenders, they need to be replaced. It has fairly new tires. It's dirty inside, but if you cleaned it up and put fenders on it it would be a good driver. I did not drive it, but it didn't make a lot of noise, it drove through the auction under it's own power, and didn't smoke. It may need axles, brakes, a clutch, I really don't know, but my gut tells me it's got some life left in it, it didn't look trashed or anything. No one else at the auction bought it either, so it will get crushed. Inside info (a.k.a. 10+ years of working at the auction) tells me that I have until about 2pm on Friday Mar.15 to save it before the registration gets stamped "Dismantle Only". So, if you are in the Vancouver area and want a project Sprint, it will cost you about $390 with taxes in by the time I get it out the door. And you have to promise not to sue the company name that I buy it under if you take it and it catches on fire ha ha. Obviously I ain't making anything off this deal, so please don't anyone on this site say I never tried to save this car if no one takes this deal!

Edit: And you have to buy me beer. The less that turns out to be wrong with it, the more beer you need to buy me!

Last edited by War_Wagon; 03-15-2013 at 02:47 AM.. Reason: Beer related.