View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Hybrid RV Ideas :-)

I was just thinking about how cool it would be to build a Hybrid RV :-)

My wife is always talking about how cool it would be to have an RV. I imagine that if the day ever comes where we can actually retire we will travel the country in one.

So in a way this thread is for fun but also to get ideas so that in the event I win the lottery or do retire maybe I will get around to putting all the ideas together and build a hybrid RV.

I did some initial research a few years back and came across the Vixen RV. They had a diesel model that got upwards of 30mpg. Now for a 20+ foot RV that is pretty amazing to me. My question was always could it be improved with a better diesel of today and hybridizing it. Or could I come up with a better design like something more inline with the Dymaxion but front wheel steering!

Well if you have ever thought about hybridizing that Suburban, VW camper or RV chime in I would love to hear your ideas!

Who knows maybe we could come up with a good game plan and in time build a really cool hybrid RV!

Here are a few links to the Vixen RV for reference = Vixen Motor Home | HomePage

Welcome to Vixen 21 Motorcoach Website.