View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
SCNTN
EcoModding Lurker

SC1 - '02 Saturn SC1
Team Saturn
90 day: 41.8 mpg (US)

DaGnoma - '02 GMC Sonoma SL
Pickups
90 day: 25.03 mpg (US)
I'll tell ya, a 4" angle grinder makes quick work of shaping foam and makes much less dust than a belt grinder. Although I will use a little random orbit sander for finish sanding.

I'm going to add a strip of Lexan in the gap at the rear for a thin little rear window. I won't be able to see very far behind me, perhaps 10ft, but it will help considerably when hooking a trailer.

Also, I'm wiring it up for hi-mount brake and dome/cargo lights. I'll just tap into the trailer harness and run a quick-connect plug up through the drain hole at the rear of the bed.

Perfect li'l brake light for $8:
Red 24 LED Car Vehicle Third Brake Stop Tail Light Lamp Bar DC 12V : Amazon.com : Automotive

Dome light for $13, should be bright enough for what I need. I can always add a few more if I need more light:
Amazon.com: LED Bar Light - Heavy Duty, Water resistant 12 Volt DC LED courtesy convenience lamp, 4" length: Home Improvement

And the trailer plug. I'll just cut this in half, use one part to wire the cap, and use the other part to tap into the existing wiring.
Anytime Tools 240" (20 Ft.) 4 Wire Pin Flat TRAILER LIGHT EXTENSION CORD 4 way Plug - Amazon.com

Go Team Saturn!

Coming soon... aero accessories by LowCd!