View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
betasniper
EcoModding Lurker

Red - '01 Honda Insight CVT
Gen-1 Insights
House of Tudor
Team Honda
90 day: 59.17 mpg (US)

Civic Hybrid - '12 Honda Civic Hybrid
Team Honda

Bahamut - '18 Chevrolet Volt LT
Team Volt
Plug-in Hybrids
EOC using starter to restart?

I have now been EOCing for a bit now, but since I have an automatic, I have to key start the car. I have done this a little bit but then after one EOC the car wouldn't start. So it seems the battery "died". Ok, no problem, it was old to begin with and I already had a new battery which would fit. It wasn't a deep cycle because we didn't buy it for this car but it's CCA rating was quite a bit higher than my car requires. I figured this would mean that it would also have a higher battery capacity. I'm not sure if it actually does because after charging it yesterday, during my commute today the car almost didn't want to start. I slightly delayed some people behind me so after that I kept the engine on for a little bit. When I got home, I started charging the battery but the charger was only drawing about 5 amps to start with when I set it to 10 amp charging. In half an hour it was reduced to about 1~2 amps which I think means that the battery was only discharged a little bit. Does this mean that my starter is to blame for the inability to start after EOC?

Thank you
(and sorry for wall o text)

: Brothers
: Dad's