View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Snap On/Off Aero Wheel Covers

I was at the Mid-America Truck Show in Louisville,KY yesterday and was pleased to see various aeromods (intended for semi trucks). I was particulalrly pleased to see at least 3 different types of sero wheel covers.

One design that I was particularly impressed by was by a company called "Flow Below":

The covers can be purchased separately or as part of a kit that includes additional fairings:

What I loved about the design is the "snap on/off" feature. To remove the cover you simply push the button in the ceter and twist slightly and it pops right off. To re-install, it simply pops back on. Simple and easy.

I talked the the gentlemen at the exhibit (who I believe was the owner and inventor). He said the cost (for the whole aero kit) was $2500 and 3rd party testing had verified fuel savings of 2.2%.

The only sad news for us Ecomodders is that it's currently only made for 22.5" & 24" rims.

FYI, here's the company's website, which I'm afraid doesn't have a ton of detail:
Tractor Aerodynamics Products : FlowBelow

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel_Dave For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (08-06-2014), Xist (08-05-2014)