View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
So far I have not had a chance to ride it enough to get another mileage figure. I did change the oil for the first time and do the other checks recommended in the manual at 557 miles (600 recommended).

I will probably get the 1 tooth larger front sprocket (7.14% taller) sometime soon, but after I get either a couple of thousand miles on it or when the warranty runs out in January 2014. Right now the way this thing is geared makes a Civic SI look like a VX.

I think it will get 80 or better when it gets some more miles and warmer weather. The tough thing is to not use the power that is available which is where the fuel mileage will drop offf rapidly if you ride dumb. With 0-60 times in the 6 second range and top gear good down to 30 mph if you are just maintaining speed (about 3250 RPM) try shifting 5 times in say 4 or 5 seconds.

The overall drive ratio in top gear is something like 7.8 to 1 so when you let off the gas and decelerate that deceleration is fairly severe which is another good indicator of the need to lower the final drive ratio. I would like to see the RPM match the speed, 6k at 60. Right now it is 6k at 54. That would require 1 tooth up front and 2 fewer in the rear which would get it close but then the speedo would need to be recalibrated electronically.

regards
Mech