View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
tayjo22
EcoModding Lurker

Gold Guzzler - '00 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 36.07 mpg (US)
The Gold Guzzler

Hey everyone!

I have been reading this forum for a few months and so a few weeks ago I started to track my fuel economy to get an idea of where I am at. I travel 30 miles one way to work every day and I have mapped out a route so I can drive slower and get better fuel economy. I am happy to announce that I am getting 34 mpg with the help of tips from this forum. I think it would be higher but I have a 2000 Honda Accord and it is an automatic, which means that when you let off the gas to coast the transmission tends to slow you down.

I plan to do some simple mods soon. I just put on some lrr tires and we will see how they do. I want to do a partial grill block and mirror delete to start with just because they are simple. I also plan to do other things like power steering delete and I'm looking into some different rims that don't weigh as much so I can put smooth covers on. I want to do some other aero mods but because of the color of the car it's hard to get something to look good or match of you have any ideas let me know.

This forum is inspirational and it keeps me coming back just to see what people are posting.

"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.”
― Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns Fifty

Change your frame of mind.
“driving at the speed limit--hideous thought.”
― Stephenie Meyer