View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
wobombat
EcoModding Lurker

Lincoln - '00 Lincoln Ls
90 day: 24.29 mpg (US)
I just bought the scanguageII! Can't wait for it to arrive.

I don't have hubcaps, and it'd probably be a terrible idea to drill into the wheel itself. The ziptie idea might work, but I have nice shiny chrome wheels and I'd prefer not to cover them up. I'll see what my fuel economy is like after my other mods and then decide. Concerning rear wheel skirts, I discovered that the wheels stick out enough that I can't simply stretch packing tape across the wheel well. I might be able to attach coroplast or something jutting out of the wheel well than stretch tape across that. And I'd have to double side it too. If the sticky side decides to attach to the wheel while driving, that might not be good. I also plan to try out a lawn-edging air dam.

This is responding to a reply a while back. I do have cruise control, but it doesn't work. Neither does the horn, which luckily hasn't been a big problem, yet. I still should be able to do fairly accurate testing with the scangauge though.

I was considering ditching the spare tire. It probably adds 30 pounds or so, and the car is AAA protected, so It's probably unnecessary, and it'd lighten up the back.

I feel stupid saying this, but I didn't even think about maintenance. I'll start work on that though.