Thread: Hello to all :)
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saks View Post
I drive a 2004. Opel Corsa 1.0 12v ECOTEC (also known as Vauxhall Corsa, Chevrolet Corsa etc.). It's a pretty good car but like all the 3 cylinder cars it's a But it does 5,5l / 100km combined driving (city and open road), that would be 42,7 MPG.
I learned how to drive in 2 Brazilian-made Chevrolet Corsa, one was a '98 4-door hatchback and the other one a '01 sedan (for the Corsa B the sedan bodystyle was only available for Latin America, Africa, Middle East, India and China), and both had the 60hp 4cyl 1.0L 8-valve engine. Since it had a worse torque than the 3cyl 12-valve European Corsa, it had to be mated to a lower differential ratio. Therefore 5.5L/100km became impossible here I've already considered to privately-import an European driveline to retrofit into the '01 sedan before my parents got divorced and my mother kept the car for her.

And my grandma had a '05 4-door Corsa, also Brazilian-made and again with a 4cyl 1.0L, this time with 71hp due to the higher compression ratio, but the torque altough closer to the European 3cyl was still slightly lower