View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
jayliu1984
EcoModding Lurker

Ok guys, I ran out of solutions, I really need your help

I purchased a 2009 Honda Accord I4 automatic just 6 months ago. I had a Civic before and I really loved it and decided to stay with Honda.

Ever since I got the car, I have been trying to maximize the range so to get an idea how much fuel it consumes. And tank after tank, I am going anywere between 18.6 to 19.4 MPG.

It has been bugging me since I got the car. I did some research online before making the purchase and everyone on the accord forum is getting 26+.

Although my driving is consist of mostly sub 5 mile trips in city, I expect with my very careful driving, at least I would archive the EPA which is 21 city.

But it seems no matter how I drive the car (I tried brisk acceleration too), the MPG doesn't vary much.

The breaks are not dragging I checked it and now I don't know what to do! The car slows down pretty fast in gear, but it does coast very far if I switch to neutrual and I pumped the tires up to 38PSI.

Although I am not financially pressured to save fuel, but I am bothered by the idea that there might be something wrong with the car.

What are the other things I can check for, please. Please list your ideas. Or ask for any extra info that may help you suggest ideas. Thanks a ton.