View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #60 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobombat View Post
Yes I do have the select shift gear thing (gears 1, 2, 3, and D4). In what way does it help? Do you actually get better MPG from using the manual shift gears?

And I love your taste. I'm rebuilding a 66 mustang right now and I'm a big fan of the mustang marque.
I respect the love for the Mustang, but to me, it is just my baby. I like certain years, and certain qualities, but I bought my Mustang because it was the best car on the market for me. FR, decent power, 6 speed, fuel efficient. No one makes a better model at the moment, chrysler and hyundai don't understand the sports car market, Datsun is outrageous for what one gets, and the Chevy falls short in several ways, but is still decent. The next Camaro will most likely smash the Mustang. But if it wasn't for good competition, we would be stuck in the monotony of the older models and technology. As in our v6 now having more power than the v8 before, while being even further fuel efficient. The next Camaro engine is looking pretty good, though...

On to the topic at hand, I do not mean moving the gear down to select one, rather while in Drive, pushing it right or left and being able to choose that way.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.