View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Actually Metro it was not a lot of difference. The 84 CRX 1.5 was rated at 35 highway and I averaged 44 for 50 k miles. The Fiesta is rated at 38 and I am very close to the same mileage as the old CRX. I did not coast as much back then but the CRX wouldn't coast like the Fiesta does due to it's low weight and probably worse aero. It did have Michelin tires when I bought it in 1984 in Houston Texas. It also had a 195 thermostat which I had the dealer replace with a 180, but I would not do that today. The CRX was manual and the Fiesta is a powershift (atuomated manual).

Remember the national speed limit was 55 back then so my highway speeds were remarkably close to what they are today as long as other traffic is not affected by my slower driving in which case I am probably picking up a draft in congested areas.
The CRX also had no AC, serial number was 1018 and it was made in July of 1983.
Paid $7k for it and sold it for $5k with 50 k miles. We had to run another wire to get the stereo working (came without). The factory wiring harness for the ground side right speaker had an open circuit, so we just ran another ground wire.

regards
Mech