View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #623 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

I won't be commenting just posting, I'm doing a "suspect" style appearance as this thread unfortunately decided to thrive (like Polar Bears) and has descended into predictions of the jaws of doom via postings from people who drive cars, have kids, and PCs etc. - all of which the last time I checked made loads of CO2. But hey - they are evangelists and so therefore "allowed".

Just like Mr Gore is, apparently.

Anyway the other side of the world from me (Australia, via the Australian newspaper - cunning name, no ?) has woken up to no warming for a decade thing, finally. In fact they say 2 decades.

Which could be interesting as Oz has a carbon tax and the government that introduced it is looking like losing the next election. It is also an additional comment on the world noting the "pause", you know - the one Skeptical Science says is not happening...

Mind you they (Skeptical Science) might be a bit busy explaining the daft "moon landing conspiracy theory" pish in the wind paper they just published (after 8 months in "typesetting" - have they not tried computers ?) which even has the UK met office calling them deluded.

But at least someone has noted what the real priority should be, at least here in the UK.

Quote:
The reaction to the 2003 heatwave was extraordinary. It was blamed for 2,000 deaths, and taken as a warning that Britain was horribly unprepared for the coming era of snowless winters and barbecue summers. The government’s chief scientific officer, Sir David King, later declared that climate change was “more serious even than the threat of terrorism” in terms of the number of lives that could be lost. Such language is never used about the cold, which kills at least 10 times as many people every winter. Before long, every political party had signed up to the green agenda.

Since Sir David’s exhortations, some 250,000 Brits have died from the cold, and 10,000 from the heat. It is horribly clear that we have been focusing on the wrong enemy. Instead of making sure energy was affordable, ministers have been trying to make it more expensive, with carbon price floors and emissions trading schemes. Fuel prices have doubled over seven years, forcing millions to choose between heat and food – and government has found itself a major part of the problem.
Quote:
Delve deep enough into the Government’s forecasts, and they speculate that global warming will lead to 6,000 fewer deaths a year, on average, by the end of the decade. This is the supposed threat facing us: children would be less likely to have snow to play in at Christmas, but more likely to have grandparents to visit over Easter. Not a bad trade-off. The greatest uncertainty is whether global warming, which has stalled since 1998, will arrive quickly enough to make a difference.
At least someone has written a decent appeal for sense, we shall see otherwise as the posting suggests we will elect a set of politicians who have no idea how to run things, because those who do forgot how to listen.

Quote:
...If the British establishment doesn’t heed the warning, it will be brought down by cold, angry people voting for a populist party with no administrative experience. While it would be fun, it’s unlikely to solve the energy crisis which is upon us...

Stop dicking around, the eyes of the people are upon you. If you don’t move fast to fix the mess you’ve created, their collective boot will be up your collective arse, and since the Labour and Conservative parties are the two cheeks of the same arse, pointing the finger at each other in parliament won’t appease the taxpayer. You are our paid servants, not our masters, so shape up, or ship out.