View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
MPGomatic
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
I know, Vekke! I've lurked here for years.

The trick is to turn it into a fun series with good production values. One thing that made me take notice ... there is a bakery in Hoboken New Jersey, named Carlo's (across the river from New York City) ... huge lines of people wait there every day to buy cakes and cookies.

I never knew about it until two years ago. We drove by and I asked my family, "why are all those people waiting in line?"

"Oh, they're waiting to go into Carlo's," my daughter replied.

"What's that about?"

"Gee, Dad ... haven't you ever heard of the TV Show 'Cake Boss?"'

I hadn't ...

If they can make something as every day as a bakery popular with a 'reality' show, why not the idea of tweaking cars for more MPGs with simple maintenance?

My goal isn't to create a popular TV show ... its to help folks save a little bit each week, to reduce the amount of carbon that's entering the atmosphere, to help create some jobs, inform/entertain, and to have fun with the remaining years I have left on the planet. I can't wait anymore. I've put this project off for two years ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
In this forum we just do it. You can start doing your stuff with no money and hope to get some later. In that case the quality of the videos is the key. My most polular driving video has gained 10000 views in one year. So there is not enough watchers even for free videos so its very hard to get people to pay something to watch a educational video on same topic. Of course its not the same if you are making some kind of comparisons etc.

I have had similar idea wondering in my head, but its too small to execute in Finland. Also I have too many projects going on at the moment anyway.

In short fuel is just too cheap at the moment to interest majority of people. So wait when fuel is more expensive.