View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have played some good games by Sid Meier. In 1995 I received a free copy of a magazine that came with a CD, which was the premise for the magazine. It included demos of the programs mentioned in the issue, including Ascendancy, by Logic Factory. There was a minor hack to play after the trial number of turns, but you still could not do other things. Once I finally had a CD-ROM, I started trying to find the full version, and then happened to see it at my supermarket.

I do not know how many games I played, but I went back time and again. There were two problems: The game required micromanagement and if you could have three hundred planets and one hundred ships, keeping track of them was overwhelming. You could automate the planets, but then you run into the second problem: The AI was stupid!

Right now I am playing Tradewars 2002. Most of the game involves telling it which script to run, so it does not involve much user interaction.

In other news, I found a room for rent five blocks from my classrooms for a couple hundred less than I pay for my furnished, month-to-month apartment, so I am going to try to move.