View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
PAFirefighter11
Diesel FTW

Golf TDI - '03 Volskwagen Golf TDI GL
90 day: 44.63 mpg (US)
Talking New From PA With a Few Big V8's...

Hey all,

A little about me: My name is Rick, I'm 30, I live outside of Philly and also "had" a family place down in Brick Township, NJ - prior to Sandy. I guess we still own it but it's in need of a tear down. Anywho, I love fast cars/trucks, motorcycles, SCUBA diving, shooting/firearms, photography, hiking, biking, and all that happy horse excrement. I enjoy taking way too many photos/videos of vehicles and what not - check my YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/BadAssXJ

I have too many vehicles at the moment. Instead of telling you about them, I'll post some photos...

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9L - Stock minus the Morimoto MH1 bi-xenon projector HID retro I just finished, an underdrive pulley, and an eBay CAI (19 MPG highway):

1998 and 2001 WS6 Trans Am's - '98 has issues - '01 needs new head gaskets (28 MPG highway for both):

1998 Honda VFR800 Interceptor (48 MPG highway):

The reason I'm here is because I'm looking to purchase a super efficient vehicle for my highway commuting. I do 50-56 miles round trip a day. 95% of that is highway. I spoke with one of my Honda friends here at work. He recommended I join this site and also recommended 3 vehicles at which I should look:

-Civic VX
-Civic HX
-CRX HF

I can't pick one of these up until I thin the heard and we move into our new house in June. The '01 Trans Am is being sold for that purpose. I'm here doing research at the moment. So here is my "hello" to all of you!