View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
mahintes
EcoModding Lurker

The VX - '95 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 38.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Congrats on the purchase! You've come to the right place - tons of VX expertise around here.

MPGuino is the way to go - it will also show you (via the instant MPG display) when you're in lean burn. Which is useful until you develop your seat-of-the-pants-indicator to know when you've coaxed the engine into that high-efficiency mode.

My brother has a Ridgeline that he uses for his business. He often talks about getting a little, efficient runabout, but when he ran the numbers, the added insurance (Ontario is very expensive) made it not worthwhile, financially.

Welcome to the forum!
thanks for the recommendation on the mpguino! i'm definitely interested in being able to monitor the lean burn more closely and also know where and when it works the best. i currently shift through each gear at 1500 rpm and am always in 5th by 35 mph. the ridgeline truly is an awesome truck and has been perfect for us with our dogs but the fuel efficiency is a bear. it's a funny thing because all of the ridgeline forums trash talk v8s because they're so bad on gas but the ridgeline's fuel mileage is absolutely nothing to call home about. i'll probably be selling mine now that i've got the vx which can haul dogs our dogs just as readily!

Last edited by mahintes; 04-05-2013 at 07:25 PM..