View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #121 (permalink)
Atheria
High Mileage Lover

Sophia - '13 Fiat 500
Send a message via AIM to Atheria Send a message via Yahoo to Atheria
Smile 10.5 gallon tank

Sophia has a 10.5 gallon tank. But, if the car wasn't as full as the gas gauge made it seem when I got it...I actually would have gotten WORSE mpg, not better. It just must have been a fluke because I checked after driving only 117 miles in my curiousity.

Trust me, I don't trust salesman....but I truly don't think he was lying about the 45 mpg. I can already see it's possible. With 91 octane in the car right now I'm in the 45-46 mpg range. I'm going on a long drive to the Jemez Pueblo today, so we'll see how high I can get it up via cruise control. I don't like not feeling I have control of a car and don't use cruise control often, but this will be an open highway without much traffic.

A mechanic I met swore his diesel MASSIVE....I mean MASSIVE (and lifted) pick-up truck got 34 mpg. I found that very hard to believe, but he swore he wasn't exaggerating. He laughed when I told him my Scion xD got 34-36 with a mix of highway/city driving. The Scion was rated at 26 city / 33 highway and in New Mexico I consistently got way better mpg. In Los Angeles the car only got 22! So the fact I'm getting low to mid 40s with Sophia who is rated at 31 / 40 isn't surprising here in ABQ where the traffic is good.

Atheria the 46 year old