View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
thats an o2 sensor code. you have to make sure everything is wired right. with a swap like that you have to basically make a custom harness for this new engine. it will not be plug and play. the cx did not have vtec, the vx engine has vtec etc. the egr solenoid has to be wired in. there are, i believe, 12 wires total i had to add to my stock lx harness to get the d15z1 working.

anyways to get you started the egr solenoid has 2 wires. one is black/yellow stripe and gets an ignition key on power. i grabbed mine under the hood at a power junction on the driver side shock tower connector. it has all black/ yellow wires feeding various sensors. the other wire goes to pin A11 on the ecu. thats it.

the o2 sensor is more involved. id do the simple stuff first like plugs and the egr solenoid. some more info would be nice like if you did any wiring at all on the car yet? or if the engine was just dropped and plugged in to the stock harness. couple of bonuses you have is the cx already has the low geared transmission and the shift light should already be wired up correctly. help us help you!!