View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #56 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Have I missed it, or have you gotten new tires? Any other changes in this realm (non-FE specific, such as shock absorbers, bushings, rear fenderwell liners, etc) planned?

Unreal numbers.

I'm having to spend on the new travel trailer, and my CTD is in need of new springs all around plus other work that keeps me from exploring more aero or gearing-specific changes. I'm happy enough with 19-mpg around town (as total miles per month is under control), but am hoping that repairs/maintenance/upgrades (have ordered a larger front anti-sway bar for the the front to complement the completely new rear bar) will help on fewer driver inputs to maintain straight-ahead "momentum" for highway miles, not just in towing stability. The high winds here (30-40 mph constant this time of year on some days) make one keenly aware of changes in direction not driver-inputted. Nothing like running 55 against a 40-mph 3/4-headwind.

We do need a RIDE WITH DAVE video someday. Soundtrack of mechanicals only, please!! Diesel turbo whine is lagniappe.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Last edited by slowmover; 04-10-2013 at 10:58 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
Cobb (04-10-2013)