View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
dlb
EcoModding Lurker

finished the input shaft bearing, clutch kit, radiator, and brakes on my VX, so i took it for a big drive yesterday. i have the common complaint of hesitation at times and want to check the TPS and MAP but i can't find any test procedures for them in the FSM. i'd also like to find a test procedure for the o2 sensor. can anyone direct me to what pages to look at, or tell me how to do the tests?

fwiw, here are the symptoms i'm experiencing:

- periodically, while keeping the throttle steady, the car will slightly lose power. this is more noticeable when taking a hill. it usually last for a few seconds, and then while continuing to keep the throttle steady, the power will kick back in. this loss of/return of power is a smooth transition, there is no bucking or jolting.

- often, the throttle does not respond to minimal increases, and will only respond after several of them, but by then it's too much and i need to back off the throttle. so it's like: i'm cruising but need to accelerate slightly so i give it a tad more throttle; no response; i give it a tad more throttle; still no response; i give it a tad more throttle, and the car acts as if i suddenly gave it substantial throttle—which i did, when you add up all the minimal throttle increases—and i need to back off the throttle to get the light acceleration i wanted in the first place.

- lastly, when keeping the throttle steady upon starting climbing a hill, there is a noticeable power increase, as if i just gave it substantial throttle.

thanks gang.