View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
OK, if you are tall I'd suggest sitting in a Caddy ASAP to see if you can even get inside it- I can't find comfort in them from the severe lack of being able to move and recline the seat far enough back- and go from there.

An '80 can hold 1100lbs.
Good suggestion about the comfort factor. I don't like sitting to upright myself. 1100 lbs wont do at all which is why i was thinking of doubling the leaf springs. Maybe the 1.6l non-turbo would be underpowered at this point though. I do already have a 1.3l ford festiva so there wouldn't be much point in getting a metro for me since i already get around 50 mpg. The issue with using it for towing would be suspension (400lbs bottoms it out). I guess at that point i'd be back to looking at the original idea of something like a Toyota Hilux, Or maybe i save my money for a while and try to get a nice cummins and hypermile/mod the crap out of it like diesel_dave. Theres really allot to think about here. Thanks for your candor Frank. I appreciate your sceptical approach. Off to do more research, and see if anything else strikes a cord of possibility. Thanks for the support guys.