View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFamilySign View Post
anything else i can do to get better mpg? low cost/free cost
-Pump your tires up! Mine are sitting at 42 PSI right now, sidewall maximum is 44.
EDIT: Make sure you check your specific tires for their sidewall maximum BEFORE you inflate them! Overinflating a tire is extraordinarily dangerous.

-Make your next oil change synthetic! It costs a bit more, but believe me it pays off. Car runs smoother and you can wait a lot longer to change your oil (Unless you have an oil leak, in which case the synthetic will just run right out of it!). The added benefit is less resistance in your engine parts, making better MPG.

-Definitely change your air filter if it's time. No reason not to.
EDIT: Unless you meant change it to a cold-air intake, in which case don't. It has been proven many times over that they do not increase efficiency except at wide-open-throttle, and how often does an eco-driver do that?

-While not technically "low cost," a Scan or Ultra gauge is an incredible tool and will most assuredly pay for itself over time, especially since you can transfer it from vehicle-to-vehicle.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White

Last edited by Flakbadger; 04-13-2013 at 03:10 PM..