View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #141 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
New to this thread and not a mechanic by any stretch or even a Honda guy so please bear with me. I have read all 14 pages though and kind of get the general jist of this awesome swap.

Can you tell me (and everyone else that has made it this far) what your current set up is and why you chose the options you did? Engine/trans/ecu/tires/etc? You may have to dumb it down a bit for guys like me though.

Also,and this may get answered in the responses from above, is the HX trans the "new" VX? What is the ratio in each gear? What is your final drive ratio and are there any more options to improve on that or are you "mechanically" as good as it gets? Or at least as good as it gets for being a practical daily driver.

This has been one of the most interesting threads (for me at least) and I don't even know anything about Hondas. I wonder if this could all be put into an early CRX. 85-88 HF's seem to be really light and, not having ever put them into the template, I wonder if the CRX is better or worse than the DX in the aero arena.

I know this would be a long reply (if you even have the time) so I'll just keep checking back. I can't wait to see what your numbers can be after some aero mods. Absolutely great swap and pictures and write-up. Congrats! I'll be watching this one for a long time.