View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #725 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

You brought the faries into this not me - you go and placate the princess, the queen and the cakes or they'll turn you pink

But seeing as you want to persue it, how about some more Inconvenient "Data" ?

Quote:
Is the North Pole going to melt entirely? Are the Arctic regions warming up with prospect of a great climatic change in that part of the world? Science is asking these questions (says “Popular Science Siftings”). Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers who sail the seas around Spitsbergen and the Eastern Arctic all point to a radical change in climatic conditions, with hitherto unheard-of high temperatures on that part of the earth’s surface. Observations to that effect have covered the last five years during which the warmth has been steadily increasing.

Many of the old landmarks are greatly altered, or no longer exist. Where formerly there were great masses of ice, these have melted away, leaving behind them accumulations of earth and stones such as geologists call “moraines.” At many points where glaciers extended far into the sea half a dozen years ago they have now entirely disappeared. The change in temperature has brought great changes in the plant and animal life of the Arctic. Formerly vast shoals of whitefish were found in the waters round Spitzbergen, but last summer the fishermen sought them in vain.
This is in 1923. So the ice has retreated and grown back inside of 20 years.

But this wasn't my point anyway