View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
NoCO2
Bicycle Junky

Putsaround - '96 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

The Commuter - '07 Trek 1000SL
90 day: 617.28 mpg (US)

Zippy - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
I can't really judge my actual consumption because of how the apartments where I live are setup, it's hard to tell who's meter is who's (unless of course you're the power company). However, as far as hypermiling my "home" I haven't done too much. I just replaced all the lights in the place with CF lights as the old ones died out and I have everything attached to a surge protector so disconnecting, say my entertainment center which I'm sure uses hundreds of Wh every hour, is just a flick of a switch away. My main problem is my computer habit. I run a home server, my desktop almost 24/7. My desktop I put into suspend when I'm not there, but because of how it is, it's pretty much still on (it's weird) and the server has to be up 24/7 because I haven't figured out a way to make it go to sleep until it's needed (It holds my sensitive personal data, movies and music accessible from my entertainment center and laptop).

I'll have to see what my consumption is at my new place when I move in. Sense they are condos, they are basically setup like homes and they are very well built (insulation and all) so monitoring VIA meter should be easy and efficiency should be high.