View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
stillsearching
EcoModding Apprentice

Usual wiper motors I saw are just a rotary motor with some levers that turns a single rotational motion into the back and forth motion. Yet you could still maintain the levers - using a potentiometer to determine the position... I would think a relay to turn it on/off, some way to turn the relay off when it's in a given position (I forget my electronics, just a way to compare the voltage from the potentiometer to some preset start and stop figures, when it goes above, or drops below something it shuts the relay off), and a pushbutton switch to force it to ignore the previous circuit - you'd just hold it for like 1/3 of a second or something to start it moving, and it should auto shut off when it finishes a stroke for instance. It's that or have another switch in each position so when it makes contact it does the same though the switches might wear out faster than the potentiometer being flicked open/closed many times per day. (assuming based on the need for cooling this would be the norm)