View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

I played with one from a vw rabbit of the 80s to make a sex machine. The polarity was reversed for slow vs fast mode as the brushes were offset. The crank just spun in circles and the levers made the wipers worked. If you used a draw slide with a pivot point to the crank you got a rod that goes in and out and can attach your favorite adult toy to.

Sheep, are you doing it right? Myself, JimE and a few others have like 99% of our grills blocked off on our insights and heat isnt an issue. Running the ac I see 184 degrees where as the coolant relay doesnt click til 202 degrees F. Without ac I see 177-179 degrees.

I like the door lock solonoid idea. Make 2 pieces of coloroplast with slots that are misaligned. This way in one orientation a block is achieved. Then within a half or inch movement the slots like you and its OPEN. Mount this to the grill or behind the grill depending on if you are trying to help aero or cooling and then rig up a switch or something to the solenoid.

The other idea is to use a servo and radio from a rc car that allows minute adjustments in movement and use it to slowly open or close something nad to what degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
Most wiper motors are not designed to run backwards.

-soD