View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #146 (permalink)
ultimx
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovr41991 View Post
I like the tune a lot. Still needs some tweaking, but overall it is a huge improvement. Currently I am running on average 17.5:1 air fuel which I think is a little more conservative than stock (Compared to stock lean burn situations.) I guess a high level summary of pros and cons would be helpful.

Pros
1) Instant lean burn when you want it. No fumbling around trying to get the right speed/throttle/rpm, resetting the ecu, waiting for it to kick in, distracting me from driving, etc. It is especially nice now as I can EOC, bump start the car, and be right back in lean burn for the pulses to get back up to speed.
2) Enhanced monitoring with a tunerview2
3) More power over 3k RPMs. (I never thought I would care about this one until I took a trip through West Virginia. Those hills were BRUTAL!)
4) Eliminates the need for an expensive 5 wire O2 sensor and EGR valve.
Cons
1) Not as aggressive lean burn. I no longer can cruise on the highway at 63 mpg at a steady speed of 60 mph(As if I set cruise control.) In testing I seem to be getting 53-54 mpg under the same conditions with the ECU. Expect this to improve with further testing.
2) Loss of OBD2. Not too important for me, but some people need the port to work to pass inspections or to utilize existing OBD2 monitoring. The setup is pretty easy to unplug and swap back to the OEM ECU if needed though.
3) Cost. Some people might not want to spend the money upfront for potential fuel savings.

Not really sure how to pull the bin file, but even if I could, I do not want to discredit the work of the tuner and the shop by giving away what they have worked on to perfect. I would suggest contacting them to see if this is something they are willing to do. They did this work as a “public service” but I think they still are hoping to get something in return for all their hard work.
Even if u did pull the bin file its still going to be different even if the setup is the same. All engines arent the same. The bin might be close but it's not going to work exactly like urs.