View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Enki
EcoModding Apprentice

My fabrication guys suggest that anything more than 3 inches of chop will require sectioning of the roof to get the pillars to line up again, which means I could do that sort of modification but I would not have a chop up front. That would also significantly change the shape of the original body, which is something I'd like to avoid if possible (the full chop keeps the original lines, just shorter/less frontal area); having the original lines (minus the chop) is preferable.

It would probably be easier to add small, sharp lips to cleanly separate airflow from the body while keeping significantly more of the stock-ish look.

Also, it's not that I wouldn't want a kammback or boat tail for aero reasons, but this thing is already very long body wise; adding either of those would make it a road yacht for sure.

I'm still not sure what kind of benefit I will even get from doing the mods I already have planned; I just hope it gets the Cd down enough that the CdA comes in line with what my Mazda has already.