View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Swordsmith
EcoModding Lurker

42# injectors. The stock injectors can't deliver sufficient volume of E85 to go past about half throttle

6M, currently the MZ4 (stock transmission for the 1.4T) but I have an MZ0(from a Cruze Eco which uses the same engine) on my porch which I plan to install this summer

I am running a Trifecta tune, switchable from a standard E85 with limited boost to an experimental one designed to allow full boost at power levels too high for the stock clutch, and able to run any amount of ethanol from 0 to 85%.

I have the OEM 15" rims and Hankook tires sitting on my porch, I am currently running V Sin 16" rims and Sumitomo touring plus LST tires. Handling is significantly better than on stocks but the mpg may be worse.

Have not weighed the car since mods began, stock weight I think is 2712 lbs. I replaced the spare with a 4 lb inflation device/batter yjump starter, and the new clutch is about 17 lbs lighter if I recall correctly, a few other parts also removed, so a guess would be 2650.

I discovered this site while researching the grill block system being touted on the Cruze Eco. I have added the belly plate that was OEM on the Sonic when first made, but cancelled on cars made after around Feb 2012, including mine. Considering a more complete underbody plate since I have sheet metal fabrication capabilities

Also under consideration is a switchable intake system which would draw cold air from the fender/fake fog light bezel for power OR warm air from a tube added running across the engine from the opposite side fog bezel. This, I theorize, would allow me to switch from power to efficient as desired, which is my dream for the car overall.

Last edited by Swordsmith; 04-23-2013 at 11:29 PM..