View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Big Dave:

It's a manual trans (I've been doing a little PNG and allot of eoc with my manual 1.3l ford festiva already so I feel like that will transfer well over to the truck) I agree that its better to avoid minimum speeds on the highway but I do like to go 55-60 when I have time.

I have quite good access to tires so getting more ideal ones won't be an issue.

I've never done any kind of gearing swap so this will probably be a long term goal.

I have a plan in my head for the aerocap design and it will include a lexan window and a hatch style opening system.

Oil pan:
I love doing engine mods but am limited in my experience. I need to make friends with a good diesel mechanic as I'm much more of a hands on learner. Reading the threads is helping learn what I want to do, but I don't feel that much closer to being able to do it myself.

UFO:
Thanks. And I agree that ideal gearing would be a worthwhile thing to do.

Shortie:
Thanks and I agree with you about the low hanging fruit approach. But I am definitely in this for the awesome numbers (let's face it its a game to me, albeit a practical money saving one). I'll probably end up pushing the limits with what I can do mechanically and aerodynamically as well physically.

Thanks for the suggestions and support. I think the first thing on the agenda is an oil change then I'll hit the basic free mods :-)