View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bergi85
EcoModding Lurker

Red - '97 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 28.07 mpg (US)

Lexi - '00 Lexus RX300
90 day: 18.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
22mpg is kind of rediculous, I actually didn't think a Civic could get that low. Something is definitely going on there.

Well you should notice a small improvement by inflating your tires which can give you a few percent gain. Are you throwing any CEL? Might want to check your cat as well... I had that problem once, with no CEL.

You may want to consider slowing down a bit as well. I don't think the difference between going 75mph and 60mph on a 18 mile trip is going do make a dramatic difference in the amount of time it will take you to get to your destination, maybe a few minutes.

There are plenty of mods in the 65+ Efficiency Mods section that you can look through to see how extreme you are willing to go with your car, but that car with the right mods and driving habits can achieve some incredible numbers. Just look at the left side of the ecomodder homer page and you will see that 8 (5 being Civics) of the top ten mpg vehicles for the site are Hondas.
Yeah the cat was replaced in November of last year so I can't imagine that would be a factor here.

I saw the story on KSL.com, it is just so hard for me to sit in the right lane and go 60 when everyone around is going closer to 80. It will take time, but i think i can get there.

I have order the OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter and have the torque app, I will be giving that a try.

Like I said earlier, I can smell that I am burning rich which makes me think that it has to do with the fuel delivery system. I found a DIY fuel injector cleaning video on YouTube the other day and want to give that a try. Along with testing my fuel pressure regulator.