View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
3#2 It is always entertaining to watch your mileage while coasting in neutral, but it seems to make a small difference overall. If you could get DFCO to work, your gauge would show 999.9 MPG, but you would be in-gear, so you would slow down faster. There are debates on here regarding which is better. Be careful!

3#3 I believe that in neutral, your engine is spinning less weight, so while it might spin slightly faster, it would be spinning less overall.

5. Then you could coast in neutral and not use any gas. I believe that if you turn the key it shuts off your Ultragauge. Will someone please clarify?

Good luck!
3 #2 as far as the neutral vs in gear i thought this debate was determined to be to broad on which is better for the reason cars are different. For example my auto trans grand am shifts into neutral automatically when in drive and coasting this allows me to glide the same distance in drive as in neutral which if left the motor running in gear would be better for dfco.

3 #3 rpms do not always determine mpg, being in Neutral at a stop light means that the car (if auto trans) is not always trying to move forward wasting energy, so yes it would be spinning less weight in Neutral.

5 You can change the settings on the ultragauge where it wont shut off with the key or have a delayed action to shutting off

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford