View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
That is too funny! I have custom built, bought and used many little trailers for many years to haul behind my little cars. I drove a little Ford Festiva for many years before finally selling it. I cut/narrowed a 1 1/4" dodge caravan hitch and fit it to the Festiva and man it worked great! I drove that silly thing. pulling a trailer to hunting camp every year and was the talk of the woods for many years! I did have trouble once with the brakes over heating one year so I ebay'd a new set of front rotors that were drilled/slotted and that cured the problem. I was always, and still am very careful of what we haul with my little cars, but the little fold up trailer from Harbor freight, or where ever are the Boss! So simple and easy to use. I have made custom beds on the side and have delivered/set them up over long distances for many years. Over the years, Folks are always shocked when I pull up to deliver their bed set in my little Festiva(00' TDI Beetle now) pulling a little trailer with all their stuff in it! People are always passing me on the freeway, waving with big smiles on their faces and taking pictures of my towing set-up! One year, I traveled 6 hours south of me to Salmon Idaho for a Muledeer hunt that I was invited to. I have my little Festiva, little trailer, Polaris 300cc ATV and all my camping gear...now that was a sight! All the other guys in the caravan of hunters all had these big, jacked up 4x4 gas hog trucks pulling huge RV's. They stopped twice for gas and I topped off once, just to see what mpg i was getting. I arrived in hunting camp that year on one 8gal tank! The hilarious part was one night when they all got together and added up their costs and wanted EVERYONE to share in the gas costs..i laughed at them when they asked me to chip in $300.00 for my share. I happily stayed in my tent and paid my own gas there and back! Needless to say, I was not invited back that following year, lol!

I love my little gas sipping cars and my little trailers! I'll dig up some pictures and post them soon for everyone to get a good laugh! :{)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HHOTDI For This Useful Post:
gone7 (05-09-2013), MobilOne (04-10-2015)