View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
gijoe985
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the thoughts guys. For the carbureted car, we might try the external tank. It'd be easier than draining the regular one. As for the VX, with MPGuino and a vacuum gauge, I think it'd be easy to get an accurate reading. And I think I could get a reading over a much shorter drive.

Quote:
Old Tele man ...typically, "burnt fingers" teach far more than book-learning "theory."
I could not agree more! For a split second I was trying to figure out where to click "like" on your comment.

Quote:
Okay how about first trying to quantify the efficiency of the vehicles alternator.
As of right now, I think we'll be doing a hands on experiment. Realistically, if we come back with more/less fuel used, and the battery at full charge, then calculating alternator outputs is a mute point. I understand that in theory it would be important, but in the end, it's about the gas used.

And ChazInMT- I've already got an excited administration behind me. Considering the design of the system we are using and the ultra small amounts of hydrogen needed, (Only .5lpm for the vx) I don't think we'll have any safety problems. Testing would be after school with me driving anyway. But thanks for your concerns, I'll make sure parents are aware if their kids will be participating.