View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
stewie
EcoModding Lurker

Milano Red VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)
Andrzej you're the man! Thank you. I found ISP port on the board. Is that the serial port in need to use to get into chip? How do i do that? Is there a guide for doing this? Are there any other functions that can be added to 0.86 guino as well. What would i use RPS for in terms of calibration?

Ok so i tested speed with GPS and here is what i found. I think, i'm not sure but i think speed on guino is accurate. I did find GPS to change the speed little quicker .30mph then guino however isn't GPS delayed as its got all the way to satellite and back. Wouldn't latency of GPS cause inaccuracy in speed reading on GPS? The numbers i'm getting now are more believable then wiki. On weekend i will have to rewire guino as its only connected to key on power so resets all settings when key off. Need to find constant +12V. Thinking i will run it off car stereo. The clock which is missing btw is too hard to get to. Also there is option of tapping wires close to fuse box as well.

I found little info on calibration. Will try that when i get my constant +12v fixed

"cmags, re: calibration:
After the initial guess, the version we have here will benefit from a "true up" when you refill your car. Basically you
1. top off the tank
2. note your milage on the odo
3. reset the guino
4. drive for hundreds of miles
5. go to the same pump at the same station pointing in the same direction (same time of day/temperature would be nice)
6. fill up the tank to the same spot/number of clicks
7. note the change in mileage on the odo, see if it matches the miles on the guino
8. note the gallons it took to fillup the car, see if it matches the gallons on the guino

If 7 or 8 aren't reasonably close, then note the percentage that the reading is off and adjust the vssPulsesPerMile (for 7) or injectorGPH (for 8) at the top of the source code (at the top of this thread) by that percentage and reload it onto the guino."

What i'm interested in is whether 2.5% tire adjustment Tire size calculator will have to be added taken into account in #7 on odo. It is plausible that manual calculation are in fact in synch with mpguino when taking into account 2.5% adjustment.

Last edited by stewie; 04-30-2013 at 02:39 PM..